A little bit of life, love, and artisan jewelry but mostly the

Home of the Confused Muse..

Where you will find the meadering thoughts of an actively artistic brain - as well as my latest creations, events, soapboxes, dramas, crisis, blessings, and life in general.

This is also the home of "ChrissyMarie Jewelry and Accessories", named for my daughter! Twenty-Five Percent of all sales from this line are donated to B.I.T.S. aka "Better in the Saddle", a local non-profit Equine Assisted Therapy Program ....because we KNOW horses help make miracles!



Pages

November 28, 2007

Twisted Pleasures Necklace

Twisted Pleasures Necklace
Twisted Pleasures Necklace,
originally uploaded by Adrienne Designs.
Are you looking for something subtle but with real presence? Look no further! This is one of my absolute favs. I started out with the gigantor Agate pendant stone with brown, green,and yellow swirls. Deciding to wire wrap it simply with a sterling silver wire frame encircling the stone and a very plain bail, I'd planned to hang it on a heavy leather cord and call it finished.

Then my Muse woke up! I started looking at all of the colors in the pendant and pulling strands from my stash until I had this wonderful conglomeration of color and texture! I used large Citrine Chips, Olive Jade, Dark Green Jasper, Assorted wooden beads, Lodolite, Smokey Quartz, Butterscotch Jade, Pale Green Swarovski pearls, and Bali Silver spacer beads. Wow!

I must warn you...if you need something light weight - this isn't for you. It's hefty piece but it is SO WORTH IT'S WEIGHT! I ended the three twisted strands with beautiful handmade Balinese Silver Cones, a hammered Sterling Silver Hook and a nice, heavy 4" extender chain.

The necklace measures 23" from cope tip to cone tip. The round pendant is 1-5/8" wide.

No comments: