A little bit of life, love, and artisan jewelry but mostly the

Home of the Confused Muse..

Where you will find the meadering thoughts of an actively artistic brain - as well as my latest creations, events, soapboxes, dramas, crisis, blessings, and life in general.

This is also the home of "ChrissyMarie Jewelry and Accessories", named for my daughter! Twenty-Five Percent of all sales from this line are donated to B.I.T.S. aka "Better in the Saddle", a local non-profit Equine Assisted Therapy Program ....because we KNOW horses help make miracles!



Pages

November 16, 2007

dichoric glass and sterling silver brangle002

I got a little carried away making twisted wire beads - experimenting with different sizes and shapes of mandrels, different gauge wire. The result is a kind of manic mix of texture. I knew I would need just the right beads to go with my wire ones...

Then I saw these beads. When I look at them I see blue -light, dark, navy, aqua, metallic and then I see green in every shade I can name. Purple, hmmmm, in just the right light I see purple....and black too! The twisty tube shaped ones remind me a little of a caterpillar.

I had these really cool Bali beads that have a flower design but even in that design I see a twisted rope texture so sure enough I had to include them as well.

Well, by now I had enough texture for three bracelets so I thought I'd better calm things down a bit and I used simple little polished sterling silver beads as accents. A classic swan-neck hook and loop make the clasp a breeze to use and add a charming artsy look to the bracelet.

This bracelet/bangle/brangle fits a medium size wrist - I'd say up to a 7-3/4" wrist at most. It's comfy to wear, is strung on heavy gauge solid sterling silver wire and has an antiqued finish to accent all the little details.

No comments: