A little bit of life, love, and artisan jewelry but mostly the

Home of the Confused Muse..

Where you will find the meadering thoughts of an actively artistic brain - as well as my latest creations, events, soapboxes, dramas, crisis, blessings, and life in general.

This is also the home of "ChrissyMarie Jewelry and Accessories", named for my daughter! Twenty-Five Percent of all sales from this line are donated to B.I.T.S. aka "Better in the Saddle", a local non-profit Equine Assisted Therapy Program ....because we KNOW horses help make miracles!



Pages

February 03, 2008

Friday Night Blues...

Hello. It's been awhile since I've written anything. I know. that doesn't make for a very interesting blog. I've been incredibly busy although I really thought things would slow down after the holidays.

You've probably noticed all of my links and news about the Kansas City Etsy Street Team and our Valentine Trunk Show. Well, it was Friday night. I was all set to go, loaded up my car, my assistant (my daughter) and headed for the restaurant. Somewhere between home and our destination I took a wrong turn and my brain decided to take a vacation. Blank. I couldn't figure out where I was, what direction I was going, or how to get back to where I started.

We ended up in a part of town called Westport which is a big party area and it was super busy and crowded. Then we wound up on The Plaza which is driving hell on any day but when you're lost on a heavy traffic Friday night it's even worse!

As if that wasn't enough there was a huge crowd of protesters on the sidewalk and patrol cars everywhere. I'm not sure what they were protesting but they were angry and on the move! I just knew I was going to get stuck in the middle of that.

In the meantime, I have no idea what direction I'm going or if I should turn around. The minutes until the show starts are ticking away and I'm in LaLa Land with no sense of how to get back to where I started from. Eventually the time did pass and I knew it was to late to particpate in the show. Now, that was a huge disappointment! I've worked really hard to get ready for this and I've got to admit....I cried...out of frustration and disappointment, and embarassment. ARGH!

Finally I found a street I was really familiar with. I stayed on it even though it took me thirty blocks in the wrong direction because I knew how to get home from there. It took two hours and a quarter tank of gas! What a waste!

I had a good cry and then decided to look at the bright side which is really hard to do sometimes. But, I believe God puts me where I need to be at any given moment...even if I don't know where I am... He does. He got me home safe and who knows what other mishaps and danger I avoided by being lost. There is always a next show (if I can find it!) and no one was hurt or injured with the exception of my pride.

Did I mention that we had a very belated Christmas with my husband parents today? I got Money as usual....YEA! I' d been thinking how I was going to spend this and decided to save my pennies and use the combined funds to pay for Silver Smithing classes. Then I realized I'd probably get lost trying to get to and home from the studio! So, I ordered a Garmin GPS today with the money. It should be in later this week. Probably not in time for my next show on Thursday but it's coming. Until then, I just have to rely on MapQuest Driving Directions, and the kindness of friends who've offered everything from a ride to and from the show to caravaning.

My insulted brain really insulted me this time but I'm slowly but surely figuring ways to get around it. Who needs a brain when you have a GPS? :D

See you later.................
a

1 comment:

devon spec said...

that's the perfect attitude to have. since i've adopted the same attitude, i find my blood pressure is WAY better off. my hubby always says, "you have your health, your family is safe....anything else are just minor setbacks and small details." :-) puts things in perspective.